Tuesday, February 14, 2006

World class sports stadiums

Breathtaking stuff here - a Businessweek slideshow of some of the best stadiums in the world. I personally loved the Allianz Arena, the Cardinals stadium in Arizona and the Beijing Swimming Center. Of course, Dubai being Dubai - anything is possible, including snow and ice in the middle of the desert! Amazing stuff.

Unfortunately I haven't been to any of these stadiums - more entries in the to-do-before-I-die list!

The best stadium I have seen so far is the Cardiff Millennium Stadium. Amazing design, easy to access, awesome atmosphere inside (a Wales home rugby game is an experience) and bang in the city center. The MCG is just awesome and imposing - but I haven't seen a game there, so I can't rate it. 100,000 people on Grand Finals Day or Boxing Day is something I don't want to miss.

Category: Sports

No comments: